The study covers the following facilities:
2.0 PRESENT SITUATION ANALYSES
|:||Mosque, Surau, Kuils, Church,Chinese Temples, Chapel, Muslim, Buddhist, Christian, Hindu Cemeteries|
|:||Hall, Public Market, Library, Youth Centre, Neighbourhood Watch, Hawkers Centre|
|d.||Caring Facilities||:||Child Care Centres, Home For The Elderly, Home For The Disable|
Community facilities in KL
|a.||Educational Facilities||:||Government & Private Kindergarten, Government & Private Primary & Secondary Schools, Schools For The Special Groups, Government & Private Institutions Of Higher Learning|
|b.||Health Facilities||:||Government & Private Polyclinics, Outpatient, Maternity & Children, Dental Clinics, Health Centre & Hospital|
|c.||Communal Facilities||:||Hall, Public Market, Library, Youth Centre, Neighbourhood Watch, Hawkers Centre|
|:||Post Office, Police & Fire Station|
Include Gymnasium, Soccer Field, Cricket Ground, Mini Stadium, Football Stadium, Hockey Stadium, Multi-Purpose Community Hall, Badminton Hall, Integrated Sports Complex, Public Swimming Pool, Public Tennis Courts and Golf Course.
Include Children Playground, Local Park, Public Recreational Park, Regional Park & Botanical Garden, Water-based Recreational Centre, Beach Resort, Waterfalls, Rivers, Highland Resort.
3.0 ACHIEVEMENT OF KLSP 84
The facilities which are adequately provided in KL and have achieved the year 2000 targets (in KLSP 84) are:
- The non-Muslims places of worship
- The Muslim cemeteries
- Community halls
- Government and private hospitals
4.0 PROPOSALS, POLICIES & STRATEGIES
1. Neighbourhood planning & concept
- Neighbourhood unit - 45,000 50,000 people
- 1 Neighbourhood unit - 3 sub Neighbourhood units
- Sub Neighbourhood unit - Community centre (number of facilities)
2. Review of the current standards and introduction of new standards Guidelines
- Religious Facilities
- Communal facilities
- Caring facilities
- Community facilities
- Sport facilities
- Recreational facilities
- Other facilities
3. Neighbourhood Centre & Community Centre Concept
a. Neighbourhood centre
Include post office, police station, library, mosque, surau, old folks & neighbourhood club, sport club & park & small scale commercial
- Catchment 50,000 people
- Maximum area required 11 acres
b. Community Centre
Include community park, parking & recreational centre, surau, multi-purpose hall, police hut, temple, kuil, church, primary school, police hut, sub-neighbourhood/community shops & mini post
- Population catchment : 10,000 15,000 people
- Maximum area required 10 acre.
4. Development Contribution
set up and maintain the centre
5. Policies & Strategies
a. Additional new policies
- The Authority shall promote the development of centralised social, community, sports and recreational facilities of different hierarchies to ensure better planning, provision, quality and accessibility.
- The Authority shall encourage the development of tertiary education to make KL a city of educational excellence and to fulfil the expected increasing demands for high skills in the future.
- To promote qualitative enhancement of the existing social and community provisions both in terms of distribution as well as a standard of accessibility to the serving population.
- To promote sustainable effort in implementing the disabled, elderly and children-friendly facilities in urban design.
- To enhance the neighbourhood and community-living designs and facilities.
- To establish administrative mechanism to monitor the prevailing social issues and problems related to drug abuse, family dissension and social integration.
- To coordinate and implement plans and strategies in meeting the international commitment and requirement through the design and implementation of modality approaches.
- To facilitate the formation of a caring cultures, healthy community living and highly knowledgeable society in KL.
Among the strategies that can be adopted in achieving the objectives are through :
The introduction and implementation of the neighbourhood concept
- Development contribution
- Joint-funding and profit sharing
- Various action plans
- Community works (gotong royong)
- Information kiosks